Monday, September 06, 2004

Still Breathing

Wow I'm actually sitting here at my computer writing this. I can't believe I made it out alive. "Made it out of what alive?" most of you are probably asking yourselves. Where shall I start? Let me begin by saying I survived a weekend of absolute intoxication from almost every type of beer known to man, vodka, rum, wine, and who knows what else, house parties, frats, dancing until my legs couldn't move anymore, staying up until ungodly hours and waking up several hours later to do it all again.

On the other hand I'm sad to say my cell phone has finally died on me. One of the first nights I went out I dropped it like I always do but this time I lost the face plate that protected my SIM card. Okay so that wasn't so bad. Sure the damn thing buzzed and squeaked in my ear and the person's ear on the other line when in use. But hey it's college and I'm on a budget.

Last night I thought it would be a good idea to use my $300 Coach bag as a beer can holder. I had completely forgotten about it and the next thing I knew everything in my purse was absolutely drenched. When the unfortunate accident happened I had no clue. I was lucky if I even knew where I was. At some point it finally hit me. "Hmm, there seems to be something dripping," I thought to myself. I felt something wet against me but didn't really put 2-and-2 together. It wasn't until much later that I realized the damage that was done. I held my purse upside down and beer dripped out of it like a cup. I was puzzled. I pulled my phone out and flipped it open. All I remember seeing was a flickering screen covered with beer. It was slowly dying and I felt helpless. Luckily all the drunk people came to my rescue and tried to fix it but there was no dice. To my dismay I discovered my phone met it's last battle.

Beer-drenched Coach bag -$300, lost gold earring - $100, broken cell phone - $150. An awesome weekend, priceless. And you know what? I still wouldn't trade it in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorianne said...

Ooooh...what a painful (and yet simultaneously funny) story. I'd say "at least you learned a lesson from this," but I'm not sure that's accurate. At least you got a laugh or two from it? ;-)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home