Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Collage

These are several of my motley journal entries that I've written in class. Little did I realize at the time that some of them, although extremely different on the outside, seem to have an underlying theme.

It was white and had a hint of yellow that seemed to glow from many years of use. It contained everything a child could want, or at least an Italian one: sausage, meat balls, pasta, vegetables, beverages, ice-cream, and many more things, some which I could not identify. When I opened it things always seemed to fall out. It was always over-flowing. There were many pictures and magnets plastered all over its exterior. After so many years of use they seemed like the only thing that was holding this refridgerator together; it's skeleton. Some of the pictures were wrinkled with age and some appeared lonely and sad. Many of my pictures were placed in various spots between the many other pictures and served as memories of all the years I spent growing up in the house. Now I'm sure some of my pictures are wrinkled with age and mark each lonely moment I no longer spend in the house.

Sometimes I would like to zoom in and out of life. Wouldn't it be great to leave life when it sucks and come back when you feel like it. I really miss childhood because when one is much younger they don't remember a lot of things. It's as if someone is zooming in and out; a home movie if you will. Things are captured on film, but they're only glimpses and fragments of a particular moment in time.

I'm dedicated to someone I can't have because it's not possible and it can't be. I don't know why I'm still in love and loyal to this dark character. Most people are attracted to the light of others, but for some reason I'm drawn to the dark, unknown. Perhaps it's the game that keeps me in a state of trance. Every time I think I have things figured out, his darkness creeps around the corner and snuffs out the light. The pure and simple fact of wanting what I can't have, I'm reluctant to admit, has me in its grip. I loved the rocky dirt roads we used to drive up and down for what seemed like hours. I felt comfortable and safe even though the woods were scary. I had my companion, my sidekick, by me and I knew everything was safe. I look back on it now and even though those days weren't long ago, it feels as if an eternity has passed.

When I think architecturally I think of having to build one's life and even most relationships. Everything starts with a foundation of some sort. If something is built with a weak foundation it's tough to hold it together and go back and change the layout after the brick has been laid. It seems if one doesn't start out with something wholesome, then they're screwed later at some point down the road. This applies to many things in life. Many of which, in my life, I try to make sure have a strong structure before I go further.

Flip it and flip it good. "Now who they want? Flip, Flip, Flip." Yeah so have you ever turned the tables? Flipped the switch? Tasted the grass where it's greener? One must forget about the present with will-power and motivation; flip it until things go your way. The moment my hopes are up and I'm thinking "bring on the happiness and fun," things are flipped on my ass like a greasy cheeseburger.

I would like to open a drawer to people's minds and find their thoughts. I would like to take some things (bad memories, things that make me sad) out of my drawer, kind of like Eminem's song "Cleanin' Out My Closet". Accept I have no plans of murdering anyone I may come across in mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home