Buddy Time
I miss my buddy... Friday I was waiting for my friend to arrive from out of town. We weren't sure of the exact time he was going to get here but because he had a lot of errands to run and it's about a two hour drive from where he's from I knew it was going to being late. Sometime during the night I decided to get the party started a little early. I took a couple sips from the bottle of rum left over from the weekend before in the refrigerator. Before I knew it a couple sips turned into a couple shots. I looked at the clock and it was almost 11:00 p.m. and I still didn't hear from my friend so I decided to give him a call. That was the first time that night I realized how tipsy I was. The conversation consisted of him laughing at me, telling me he was almost here, and advising me to stop drinking because he was bringing some goodies up himself. Let's just say I don't think I took his advice because by the time he called me to let me know he was in Keene I was completely obliterated. Minutes later he called back to let me know he was at my dorm and needed me to meet him at the door. I managed to stand up and wobble down the stairs to the first floor. I opened the side door and he was shocked. All I remember from that point was leading him to my room and bouncing off the walls. I was extremely hyper and excited to see him at the same time. But that didn't last for long because at some point I began to get that familiar feeling. It felt like I was on a boat in some of the choppiest water I've ever experienced, with the worst case of motion sickness except Dramamine wasn't going to cure this case. After I came to the realization that the inevitable was going to happen it was all down hill from there. I got sick, my friend practically carried me to the bathroom, and then outside for fresh air. Sometime during the early morning I began to feel better and actually started to enjoy the weekend again. I felt bad about the fact that within moments of my friend's arrival he had to take care of me, but he wasn't upset. I've known him for almost six years and he's practically family.
On a lighter note we had a great weekend. I just wish it didn't go by so fast. Saturday we drove around aimlessly around New Hampshire, Vermont, and the surrounding areas. We went to Margaritas later that night and the service was horrible. Don't get me wrong the food was great but the Waitresses sucked and the kitchen was slow as hell. (Yes I meant "waitresses" in the plural.) At one point during our time there bus people were taking our orders. Our waitress would disappear and some other waitress, bus person, or host would pop up randomly to serve us. It was so bad that by the end of the night we didn't know who to leave the tip for. We should have left a friendly note on the back of the receipt saying "we looked for you all night now you can look for your tip," but we decided to leave something. Later that night we hung out with some friends and had an overall chill night. Sunday we drove around some more and he took me shopping which was really sweet of him. After dinner it was almost time for my friend to go and I was dreading saying goodbye. When the time rolled around I was holding back tears. But I know that he'll visit again and when I go home he lives fifteen minutes away so I know I'll see him soon eventually.
On a lighter note we had a great weekend. I just wish it didn't go by so fast. Saturday we drove around aimlessly around New Hampshire, Vermont, and the surrounding areas. We went to Margaritas later that night and the service was horrible. Don't get me wrong the food was great but the Waitresses sucked and the kitchen was slow as hell. (Yes I meant "waitresses" in the plural.) At one point during our time there bus people were taking our orders. Our waitress would disappear and some other waitress, bus person, or host would pop up randomly to serve us. It was so bad that by the end of the night we didn't know who to leave the tip for. We should have left a friendly note on the back of the receipt saying "we looked for you all night now you can look for your tip," but we decided to leave something. Later that night we hung out with some friends and had an overall chill night. Sunday we drove around some more and he took me shopping which was really sweet of him. After dinner it was almost time for my friend to go and I was dreading saying goodbye. When the time rolled around I was holding back tears. But I know that he'll visit again and when I go home he lives fifteen minutes away so I know I'll see him soon eventually.

1 Comments:
Man, what a wicked note that would have been to leave for your waitstaff! I've never had the nerve to "stiff" a waitperson even if the service was terrible. My husband once left a very small tip, and the manager of the restaurant followed us to our car to complain about it. When we explained the poor service we'd received, she apologized...but there for a minute it looked like she wasn't going to let us leave without giving a bigger tip!
Post a Comment
<< Home